Exploring Hanoi's Best Places to Go
Hanoi, the bustling capital city of Vietnam, is a must-see destination that should be on every traveler's list. Known for its rich history, beautiful architecture, and delicious cuisines, the city boasts a unique blend of traditional and modern culture that will captivate and inspire visitors. As the center of Vietnam's tourism, Hanoi offers a myriad of attractions, including ancient temples, ancient museums and galleries, vibrant markets, enchanting parks, and much more. Take a leisurely stroll around the city's picturesque streets, sample the mouth-watering street food, or simply soak up the local atmosphere, and you'll undoubtedly fall in love with this vibrant city.
Hanoi Travel Highlights
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: The mausoleum was dedicated in 1975, the year after Mr. Ho's death.
- The Old Quarter: It is known as the cultural and spiritual heart of Hanoi with its French-colonial architecture and ornate Buddhist temples.
- Exploring the Rich Culture of Hanoi
- Hoan Kiem Lake: Visitors can take in the peace and quiet while enjoying the sights of the lake.
- Reliving the Majesty of the Thang Long Imperial Citadel
- Ngoc Son Temple: Visitors can enjoy a leisurely visit while gaining insight into traditional Vietnamese history.
- St. Joseph's Cathedral: The building has been standing since 1886 and is well-known as an important landmark in the city.
- Explore the Vibrant Culture of Quat Dong Embroidery Village
- Unleashing the Beauty of Tradition: The Enchanting Van Phuc Silk Village
- Discovering the Beauty of Chuong Conical Hat Village - A Place Full of Tradition and Creativity
- Flying High with the Artisans of Thach Xa Bamboo Dragonfly Making Village
- Discovering the Artistic Beauty of Dong Ho Painting Village
- Rediscovering the Art of Handmade Paper Fan-making in Chang Son Village
- Discovering the Charm of Ho Chi Minh Stilt House in Hanoi
- The Timeless Beauty of Hang Trong Folk Paintings
- The Glittering Charm of Chuon Ngo Pearl Inlay Village
- Exploring the Vibrant and Colorful Chau Long Market
- Discovering the Wonders of Bat Trang Ceramic Village: A Journey of Art and Tradition
- Journey Through Time: Duong Lam Ancient Village
- Discovering the Hidden Gem of Quang Phu Cau Incense Village
- Long Bien bridge: A Historical Marvel and Icon of Resilience
- Exploring the Vibrant World of Vietnamese Cuisine
- Water Puppet Show: These performances typically tell stories related to Vietnamese mythology or rural life, and are accompanied by traditional music.
- Exploring the Magic of Ha Thai Lacquer Handicraft Village
- Discovering the Hidden Beauty of Ky Son Village in Hanoi
- Vietnamese Coffee: For those looking for something a little different, specialties like egg or yogurt-flavored coffee are also an option.
- Experience the Fascinating Thu Sy Fish Trap Craft Village
- The Magnificent Hanoi Opera House
- Hoa Lo Prison Museum: Visitors can explore the exhibits and artifacts related to this unique location's past, including photographs, documents, and weapons.
- Hanoi Train Street: A great way to explore the city while enjoying a novel experience!
- Hanoi Cooking Class: Course includes recipes, tips, and techniques for creating classic Vietnamese cuisine.
- Vietnam Museum of Ethnology: The museum also has a library filled with references about each culture as well as a gift shop selling items related to specific ethnic groups.
- Unleash Your Adventure Spirit with a Motorbike Tour in Hanoi
- Temple of Literature: Prepare to be enthralled by the mesmerizing Temple of Literature in Hanoi
- One Pillar Pagoda: Explore the enchanting beauty of Hanoi's One Pillar Pagoda with its unique and awe-inspiring architectural design.
- Tran Quoc Pagoda: The Oldest Pagoda In Hanoi
Best time to visit Hanoi
The best times to visit Hanoi and Halong Bay are February to April and October to November.
Spring brings warm and sunny days, comfortable temperatures, and beautiful flowers in bloom with average daily high temperatures of 20-28°C (68–82°F).
Fall offers milder weather with lower humidity and average high temperatures of 29–25°C (84–77°F).
Food & drinking in Hanoi
- Hanoi is renowned for its delectable food and drink, from traditional Vietnamese dishes to international delicacies.
- Popular dishes found in Hanoi include Pho, Nem Ran, Banh Cuon, Bun Cha and Banh Com.
- Traditional drinks from Hanoi consist of egg coffee, fresh beer, herbal alcohol and local iced tea.
- Hanoi has 3 1-star Michelin restaurants and many places that are featured in the Michelin Selected list.