Ho Chi Minh City (Best thing to do..)
Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Saigon) is the city of the most exciting, moving, and bustling, but intermixed a little ancient, a bit of European in the heart of Vietnam. As the center of Vietnam’s Southern, it also has a significant role to play in both domestic and international circulation in Vietnam.
Settled by the Khmer people and was under French colonial and Chinese domination for such a long time, the city retained various sophisticated architecture together with the multicultural community.
Here you can take part in many kinds of entertainment activities catering to every budget, interest, or group size. From budget to luxury, couples to family, day or night, early morning or late night, Saigon’s activities has its all.
The city welcomes visitors with loads of vibrant nightlife activities to do in exquisite sites, mouth-watering food and beyond. So, if you are new to this gorgeous metropolis, we are here to guide you to everything you want.
Ho Chi Minh Travel Highlights
1. Visit the Giac Lam Pagoda
2. Tour the War Remnants Museum
3. Take a Bonsai River Cruise
4. Visit the Central Office
5. Tour Reunification Palace
6. Have a drink in Pham Ngu Lao Street
7. Grab a coffee in Tao Dan Park
8. Tour the History Museum
9. Take a cooking class
10. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral
11. Travel to the Mekong Delta
12. Crawl through the Cu Chi Tunnels
13. Admire the Cao Dai Temple
14. Have breakfast at Binh Tay Market
15. Scale the Bitexco Financial Tower
16. Admire the Phoc An Hoi Quan Pagoda
17. Tour the Ho Chi Minh City Museum
18. Browse in Ben Thanh Market
19. Visit the Jade Emperor Pagoda
20. Admire Cha Tam Church
21. Giac Vien Pagoda
22. Explore the Fine Arts Museum
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City is during the months of December to March. The temperature ranges from 20°C to 32°C. This period marks the dry period in Ho Chi Minh City and the surrounding regions when temperatures are relatively cool during the day and chilly at night.
Food & drinking
Having existed for a long time, street food in Ho Chi Minh city has gradually become a highlight, deeply impressing international customers.
Common dishes such as bread, broken rice, vermicelli, Pho, etc. are now on the list of the best street food for visitors who are passionate about "moving". These names are also very popular on many world major channels such as CNN Travel, CNN, National Geographic, etc.
Some must-eat street food in Ho Chi Minh are:
1. Pha Lau (Pavlov)
2. Banh Trang Nuong (Vietnamese pancake)
3. Banh trang tron (Rice paper salad)
4. Bot chien (Fried dough)
6. Banh mi (Bread)