Explore Ninh Binh - The Most Iconic Places to Visit in Vietnam
Are you traveling in Vietnam and in search of a hidden gem that's off the beaten path? Look no further than Ninh Binh. This pristine destination is a true hidden gem for those willing to explore beyond popular tourist spots. Also known as “Ha Long Bay on land,” Ninh Binh's breathtaking natural beauty will leave you spellbound. From limestone karsts to tranquil rivers and lush green rice paddies, the stunning scenery is sure to make you feel like you're dreaming. Not to mention, the area is rich in history and culture, with ancient pagodas and temples dotted throughout the region. A visit to Ninh Binh is an opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of typical tourist destinations and enjoy Vietnam in its purest form.
Ninh Binh Travel Highlights
1. Boat trip on Tam Coc river: Guests can marvel at stunning views of karst mountains and peaceful paddy fields as they drift through the river.
2. Enjoy the viewpoint at Mua Cave: Climb the 500 steps for an amazing sight.
3. Cuc Phuong National Park: Over 2,000 species of flora and fauna inhabit the park, many of them endangered or rare species
4. Cycling through countryside of Ninh Binh: Enjoy picturesque rural landscapes and cultural sights
5. Van Long Nature Reserve: The nature reserve is also a popular tourist destination, offering boat trips to explore caves, waterfalls, and wildlife.
6. Hoa Lu Temple: Built in the 10th century during the Dinh dynasty, it is dedicated to two heroes of the era - King Dinh Tien Hoang and King Le Dai Hanh.
7. Bai Dinh Pagoda: The pagoda consists of three separate complexes and includes a large bronze statue of Buddha, a colossal bell tower, and an enormous 500-statue arrangement of Arhat bronze sculptures.
8. Bich Dong Pagoda: A popular tourist attraction, visitors can admire the beauty of this historic site and enjoy breathtaking views from the mountaintop.
9. Thung Nham Bird Garden: It has become a haven for bird watching enthusiasts, who enjoy the opportunity to observe wild birds such as kingfishers, black crested bulbuls, blue magpies and many more.
Best time to visit
• Rice fields season is from May to early July and September to October.
• The dry season is from November to April, but bring something warm.
• Rainy season is from May to October with warmer, more humid weather.
Food & drinking
• Ninh Binh has a variety of local specialties in food and drink throughout the region
• Popular dishes include scorched rice (com chay), goat meat (thit de), mountain snails (oc nui), Pisodonophis (Nhech) fish salad, Yen Mac fermented pork roll, and Kim Son wine
• Exploring the area's scenic landscapes and historical places is enhanced by trying its delicious cuisines